07 October 2009

To My Stash Fairy, With Love

My friend Adriana and I 'met' online when we were pregnant with our daughters.  Our girls were born in September, and thirteen months later both of us found out we were expecting again.  On the same day.  Ultimately our boys were born three days apart, and the whole experience of being pregnant together (with toddlers) has given us a unique friendship. 

Adriana lives near the fabric district in LA, and sends me fat boxes of fabric on a frequent basis. In exchange for this, I probably owe her more handmade items than I could ever account for.  I made her a Birdie Sling earlier this year, and this summer when she came out to visit, she asked me to make her a circular needle case.  I couldn't find a pattern for one that worked for her, so we laid out her needles and calculated what kind of configuration would work.  Then I sat on the project for awhile, busy with other things.  I finally got around to finalizing the pattern last week, and I am really pleased with the result.  I hope she will be as well.


 


6 comments:

MUM said...

HOW SWEET SHE WILL THINK OF YOU EVERY TIME SHE GETS OUT HER NEEDLES OR PUTS THEM AWAY.

Terri said...

I don't think I knew that whole story. What a great way to begin a friendship. And what a good friend you are for making such wonderful gifts.

Heather said...

I agree, that is just a great story to a great friendship. I have seen this needle holder in person, and I am drooling with jealousy :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this...... what a fabulous choice for a fabric combination :)

Adriana said...

I love you, Be! I can't wait to put that to good use!

Imene said...

It is such a toughtful gift. I love slings! they are so handy when you want to have your baby close to you and still be able to care for the older children

Post a Comment