29 August 2010

New Beginnings

This week closes the second month that we have lived in Missouri.  I suppose it has not been that different from most summers; I look back and wonder where the time has gone.  It is hard to reconcile the feeling that we have not been here nearly long enough to feel settled with the sense that we have been gone from our old home, friends, and the mountains of Colorado for many moons.  Much about my daily life has changed, yet much remains the same.  I am looking forward to finding some space in my life to write and create once again.

In many ways, working on this issue of the magazine has helped me to begin to find some rhythm in my days. Now that there are three of us on staff, we are working through learning how to be accountable and consistent with the work that each of us needs to do.  It is a healthy process and I feel that it has led to us having a more polished magazine, not to mention that we are very much ahead of where we have been in the past on our timeline.   

Below is a small preview of some of the projects that will be found in the magazine, which launches on Wednesday, September 1st.  I hope to see you all there.