24 August 2009

The Birthday Dress...

...is finally complete! It's a bit different than I imagined, but still fanciful and I think will pack a lot of twirl power. If you know any 3 year olds, you know that the twirl factor is heavily weighted when making clothing decisions.

Here is the bodice. I covered little buttons to match the fabric, and used decorative stitching on satin ribbon to make a pretty detail in the center. My serger did a beautiful job on the contrast rolled hem of the petals.


The skirt has a colorful drop waistband which will not be visible when worn with the bodice.



I also have her pretty plum fluff of a tutu finished.

I have photos of our full weekend which I will share tomorrow, but I hear the sweet persistent "Mamamamama" from the bedroom, summoning me.

5 comments:

MUM said...

Thaat dress is something fabulous. she is going to love it a lot. That is the reason for looking for the serger book. I have never serged on a contrasting color with a serger, so You have done something I never did. It is quite the fanciful dress like little flower pedals. It is really good and a much harder dress than it looks like at first glance. I am so proud of you. yeah!!!!

MUM said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Suzanne said...

v beautiful!

Heather said...

Oh my goodness, that is the sweetest thing that I have ever seen. I can not wait to see her in it.

Be, you never cease to amaze me with your talent :)

Tonya Sharisse said...

The items are very beautiful. I love to visit other blogs and see the work and crafts of others and be inspired.

Post a Comment